My Journey With Bruce Boudreau

DC Sports Nexus ---- Monday, November 28, 2011

It seems like only yesterday that Bruce Boudreau came into my life. Maybe it was because of all the memories I have of the former coach, or maybe because I never heard of him til October 8th, 2011. Either way, I feel that the coach and I shared a bond that will never be recreated by 2 people who never met each other in the future of mankind's existence.

I spent the past month and a half getting to know Bruce, by way of the television. Each game he would do classic Boudreau things like stand up wearing a suit looking to the left, stand up wearing a suit looking to the right, and my favorite, a Boudreau goto, stand up wearing a suit looking straight.

Nobody could quite stand still making faces like the ol' hockey coach. Each game I would see him standing there, muttering something to one person or the other. The TV didn't capture the audio, but I know what he was saying. I always knew. That was the relationship we had. We always finished each others sandwiches.

When I woke up this morning and heard the news my body went into a complete shutdown. My mind was in denial and I couldn't utter any words from my mouth. I was totally and utterly crushed.

After the news sunk in I began to panic. Who was going to stand in a suit behind the players? Who was going to turn to the left or right and mutter unhearable words? Who was gonna jump in the air pumping his fists without ever leaving the ground? Who was going to occasionally call a timeout and write down a play on a dry erase board? WHO? WHO DAMNIT!?

I went through all 7 stages in a roller coaster of human emotion. It was so intense and crazy how I felt, but finally, somehow, I managed to pull myself together and man up. I came to terms with the situation, wished Bruce a fond farewell, and said hello to the new coach. And the entire time this was happening, I was forced to play video games...All in all it was a tough 3 minutes, but I'm over it.

For now all I can do is remember the fonder times me and Bruce spent together. That night I got Taco Bell and watched the Caps lose. The night I got Burger King and watched the Caps lose. Even that special night, our one month anniversary, when I sprung for pizza and watched the Caps lose.

Whether he was cleaning carpets or driving around with his giant (empty) cupholder, Bruce was a class act who will never be forgotten. Today is a somber day in Caps nation, believe me I know, I've been here for a month. So goodbye dear Bruce, our friendship ended way too early. I'll see you on the other side...of the buffet line at Golden Corral.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you really become a millionaire on overnight? Of the people that became a millionaire, it also took them a long time to go from million to billion. It doesn’t matter if you are young or old, becoming a millionaire is possible at any age. That’s a quick jump from millionaire to billionaire, but it’s the exception, not the rule. Being younger is not better. Many people dream of becoming independently wealthy over the course of a lifetime. The wise stash away their bonuses while the less prudent invest their money in risky endeavors and internet scams. Then there are those lucky few who make it look easy by turning pocket change into millions of dollars in no time at all. Here is a system called Overnight Millionaire System that will really help you to become a millionaire overnight by using simple tricks on affiliate marketing.

overnight millionaire system review

yolgi said...

Ultra Fast Keto Reviews functions in natural style where it triggers the essential Ketones boost inside the body. It triggers the Ketosis process, where carbs restrict the utilization of fat and use energy as body fuel. Thus, it supports fast weight loss process. On the other side, it improves the energy and strength level of the body that keeps an individual active and maximizes his/her workout performance. It allows people to experience lean muscle mass shape build with no tummy fat visibility.

Ultra Fast Keto Boost

Digital Agency said...

I really like your blog for the correct content you are sharing. Thank you a lot for sharing this put-up with us. It becomes a very informative post. I was given an amazing writing ability out of your blog. title loan interest rates

Unknown said...

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u
https://mymarketinagency.wordpress.com/2021/05/24/what-is-anchor-text-and-how-it-affects-your-position/

Unknown said...

Very useful article for me, there is more information I have is very important. Thank you I'm glad you could get
out of it to share
Recommendations

Unknown said...


Some really useful slides here. I've been looking for something like this to help with a
research piece I've been working on.
ISHQ HAI: Love To The Point Of Madness

Unknown said...

You created some clear points there. I looked online for the topic matter and identified most guys will consent with your website.
Cargo Service Dubai to Pakistan
Glass Works Dubai

Post a Comment